Application for Scholarship
The Georgia Tech Center for Health & Humanitarian Logistics offers an executive education program designed for practitioners in non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government, industry, and military who are active participants in humanitarian operations including disaster relief, long term development and public health operations. The courses are developed for practitioners seeking to build skills to improve decision making in preparedness, response operations planning, and system design. Courses include many interactive components, such as case studies and games, which help professionals in the humanitarian world to link the challenges and decision-making tradeoffs they face in practice with the systematic approaches, tools, and techniques presented.
There are a limited number of scholarships available for participants from non-governmental organizations and/or from developing countries, however you may qualify for a discounted rate offer of $3,000.00 total for the three course series. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please review the requirements below and proceed to the online submission form.
- The cost of the Health and Humanitarian Logistics Certificate (all 3 courses must be taken within a 12-month period) for scholarship recipients is $990.00 total (compared to the regular price of $6,000).
- The cost of taking any Health and Humanitarian Logistics courses individually for scholarship recipients is $800.00 total (compared to the regular price of $2,400)
- If approved for a scholarship, full payment must be received 30 days prior to the course start date.
- International Scholarship recipients will be offered a travel reimbursement for up to $330.00 per course. If you do not spend $330.00, you will only be reimbursed for the amount you produce receipts for. Travel expenses will be reimbursed to participants after each course and will require original receipts along with the appropriate paperwork.
- Every scholarship participant is responsible for booking and paying for their own airfare, hotel accommodations, and any other expenses incurred while attending a course.
- The scholarship DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY AIRFARE, HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS OR VISA EXPENSES and cannot provide any additional funding for these or other additional expenses.
- When applying for your visa, please remember to choose the Business Visitor Visa (B-1) when completing your travel arrangements, not a Student Visa as Georgia Tech does not provide the SEVIS ID. Please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html for further information.
Before Applying Online
- Confirm you have the funds to afford airfare, hotel, your visa application fee and any other additional expenses that may incur while traveling.
- *Prepare your current resume in English in PDF format
- *Collect (2) current professional recommendation letters in English in PDF format
- Prepare a Qualification Statement summarizing your need for support and how you will benefit from participation
After You Have Reviewed All the Above Material
Click on the below button to proceed to the online application form.