Application for Scholarship
The Georgia Tech Center for Health & Humanitarian Systems (HHS) offers a professional certificate program designed for practitioners in non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government, industry, and military who are active participants in humanitarian operations including disaster response, long term development and public health operations. The courses are developed for practitioners seeking to build skills to improve decision making in preparedness, response operations planning, and system design and are taught by world-renowned, award winning experts in health and humanitarian systems. Courses include many interactive components, such as case studies and games, which help professionals in the humanitarian world to link the challenges and decision-making tradeoffs they face in practice with the systematic approaches, tools, and techniques presented.
*There are a limited number of scholarships available for participants from non-governmental organizations and/or from developing countries, however you may qualify for a discounted rate offer of $3,000.00 total for the three course series. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please review the requirements below and proceed to the online submission form.
- The cost of the Health and Humanitarian Supply Chain Management Certificate (all 3 courses must be taken within a 12-month period) for scholarship recipients is $990.00 total (compared to the regular price of $6,000). This fee serves as a course deposit fee which will be reimbursed in full following the completion of the course.
- The cost of taking any Health and Humanitarian Logistics courses individually for scholarship recipients is $800.00 total (compared to the regular price of $2,400)
- If approved for a scholarship, full payment must be received 30 days prior to the course start date.
- Every scholarship participant is responsible for booking and paying for their own airfare, hotel accommodations, and any other expenses incurred while attending a course.
- The scholarship does not include airfare, hotel accommodations, visa expenses or any additional expenses.
- Please visit the U.S. Embassy homepage in the country where you currently reside to find out the steps for visa application to travel to the U.S. should you need one. Choose the Business Visitor Visa (B-1) (not a Student Visa as Georgia Tech does not provide the SEVIS ID). Please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html or your country’s website for further information. Accepted scholarship applicants should schedule an in-person visa application appointment as soon as possible, and once he or she completes registration and deposit payment or reduced rate payment for the certificate program, CHHS will provide a letter of invitation for the applicant to take to the visa appointment in support of the application. Please e-mail us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Applying Online
- Confirm you have the funds to afford airfare, hotel, your visa application fee and any other additional expenses that may incur while traveling.
- *Prepare your current resume in English in PDF format
- *Collect (2) current professional recommendation letters in English in PDF format
- Prepare a Qualification Statement summarizing your need for support and how you will benefit from participation
After You Have Reviewed All the Above Material
Click on the below button to proceed to the online application form.